MARFA, TEXAS YOGA + YARN RETREAT
February 6 - 9, 2020
at Hotel St. George in Marfa, TX
We're heading to Marfa Y'all, for an all-inclusive luxury yoga and knitting retreat. Yoga + Yarn is a four day wellness vacation where we’ll stretch out, bliss out, knit out, and overall have a long weekend of self-care and self-love. Knit in the luxurious Hotel St. George and find inspiration at the many art galleries around Marfa. Liza and Kate will teach beginner and advanced brioche workshops and are also available for any general knitting support throughout the trip. No matter if you are brand new to knitting, a seasoned knitter, or coming back to it after many years, we are there to help you have fun and find your zen-knitting face.
All yoga classes are tailored to a knitter's needs. Postures are geared to help strengthen your hands, release tension in areas like your forearms and shoulders and open up hips stiff from sitting while knitting. The morning yoga classes are a flow style and the afternoon classes offer meditation and restorative yoga poses. Yoga classes are for all levels, beginners welcome.
Beautiful rooms with private bathrooms provide you with ‘me-time’ and the delicious meals will have you feeling rejuvenated and relaxed. Three meals a day are included to make sure you are fueled up while enjoying your craft. All attendees will receive a special "swag bag" featuring custom project bags from Paisley Ducky filled with fun fiber-related treasures.
In addition to our knitting and yoga, we will visit Marfa Wine Co. for a fun evening of wine tasting and the McDonald Observatory for a spectacular evening star party. Check out our tentative schedule for the weekend here.
- 3 nights at Hotel St. George
- 2 yoga classes a day taught by Liza (total of 6 yoga classes). Read a description of our yoga classes here.
- use of yoga mat and props (but you are welcome to bring your own)
- 3 meals a day at Marfa's essential dining destination, La Venture
- wine tasting at Marfa Wine Co.
- knitting support from Liza and Kate
- night excursion to the famous MacDonald Observatory for an evening of star viewing
- swag bags featuring custom project bag and fiber-related finds
- free time to lounge around the luxurious hotel property, visit local shops or one of the countless local art galleries
- alcoholic beverages
- take a trip to the famous Prada store art installation in Valentine, Tx or Big Bend National Park
TRANSPORTATION (not included)
- flights should be booked into El Paso, TX on February 6
- you will need to rent a car (carpooling with other retreat goers can be arranged) for a 3 hr drive from El Paso to Marfa
- when driving to Marfa from El Paso, you’ll pass Prada Marfa on Highway 90, about 35 miles from Marfa. It will be on your right.
- you could take a train to Alpine which is a 25 minute drive to Marfa, let us know if you choose this route and we can arrange to pick you up.
- check in is at 3pm on the property, so plan to arrive between 3:30-5pm, our first yoga practice will begin at 6 pm and dinner thereafter
- check out will be at 11 am on February 9th, so plan for flights in the afternoon/early evening.
- private king bed room for $1,550
- shared double queen room for $1,250 per person (if you are sharing a room with a buddy please specify his/her name at checkout, or we will pair you with a roomie prior to the retreat)
- prices include all yoga classes, knitting workshops, 3 meals a day and optional excursions.
- put down your $400 deposit now and we will invoice you the balance about 6 weeks before the retreat.
reserve your spot
If you have questions or you would like to learn about our future retreats, please send us a message through the form below.
An advance deposit of $400 is required to reserve your space on this retreat. All deposits are non-refundable. Remaining payments must be made by December 15, 2019. For cancellation requests submitted with more than 30 days of retreat date: 100% of total amount (less deposit) will be refunded. For cancellation requests submitted within 30 days of retreat date, 50% of total amount (less deposit) will be refunded. For cancellation requests within 14 days of the retreat: sorry but no refunds given, no exceptions. Nobody books a retreat with the intention of canceling it, but unexpected events do occur, so please consider purchasing travel insurance. Exceptions cannot be made for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. No refunds or credits will be granted for failure to attend, complete or for arriving late or leaving early. Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com.